Home Page

dotdot...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I need motivation, so i'm getting comfortable!!!!!!?






Why is it that a change in season can inspire us to 'start'???

Mostly my starts come in the form of get up and start again... do, do, do all those things I know I should. You know: exercise, build my friendships, do that project, eat better, spend more time with the kids, quit going to bed late, get a tan...and on and on...

With Spring nearly here in Aus, I can feel my excitement and motivation rise. I’m going to do it this time!!! ...of course I am!!!...

So, start, start, start...easy, yep, I’m motivated and eager, if only spring would get here...
               ...Yet there is one problem:


                 Once I start, how do I maintain that start?!!!! 

Arrrrgh it’s not fair, because trailing right behind and all to quickly catching up is ‘effort’ and ‘tired’, ‘what’s the point’, ‘I feel silly’, it’s just too hard’, and even ‘bad attitude’ – it’s the unmotivated gang. 
It’s not fair (again), why do they have to come with my starts??? (Arms crossed.) And, to be fair, I want to fit in with them (talk about peer pressure lol).

Truth Moment: It’s not about the awesome start and it’s not about the unmotivated gang, it’s about the result - seen or unseen.

So I've got to switch gangs, and I’m joining the comfortable gang.

You see, I’m learning that if we want to have and do the things in life that we really want, then we have to get comfortable with really focusing on what we are achieving and its result in our life.
I have to get comfortable that there is going to be times of great energy and excitement and times of feeling unmotivated (in my case it's intense unmotivated).
I need to get comfortable with the fact that achieving takes time, far more then I’m willing to accept and continue to give yet I must keep going, that's how it is.  
I need to get comfortable that some results are unseen, unnoticeable, particularly at first, yet what I am doing is still of great benefit to my life.

How much of our day comes down to choice? – most of it! It’s a choice to achieve, a choice to ignore my 'unmotivated', a choice to get up and start with or without energy and excitement.

So right now get comfortable!!! 

No matter the season,
               it really is time to knuckle down and get comfortable – who knew!


Time to share: What is your particular 'start'? - What you want to achieve?

1 comment:

  1. love your take on this Liz. it's so true, even though it sounds ironic :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete