Home Page

dotdot...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How to be beautiful.








You feel spectacular! The best you've felt for awhile. Your hair is 'modern glam', your makeup pretty much perfect and you have spent weeks finding the most beautiful dress - You're actually out of jeans or worse 'trackies' for once and sticky finger or nose marks from the kids that usually accessories your outfits are nowhere in sight. 
You feel gorgeous, elegant, stunning, hot in your own right and... ...Oh my, across the room is another women wearing the same dress!!!!!

Your heart sinks instantly, you feel that beautiful feeling you had just a second ago disappear, "does she look better in it?" -You can't help think. 
You look around to see if anyone has noticed yet. You have a second to work out what you are going to do, and you:

a) Get out of there as fast as possible, race home and change into something, anything, else...

b) Laugh at it, declare that the other women has impeccable taste and get on with enjoying yourself and congratulation the other women on fine taste...

c) Cringe and spend the rest of the evening hiding behind your friends or hubby with one eye on 'that women' while trying to stay at all times at opposite ends of the room from her...

...Well what ever you do it doesn’t really matter, because the real question is: Why do we care so much when this happens???? 

We've all had this moment and we all feel a touch deflated when it happens. Why? - Because every women wants to feel and be beautiful as her own unique and diverse beauty.

Truth Moment: You already have been created: beautiful, diverse and unique, valuable, important... and we need to embrace it.




It is so easy to feel, and quite unknowingly, that we are competing with every other beauty out there and it doesn't help living in a media age with 'beauty bombardment' every where you turn. 
Competing is all about comparing. When you compare yourself to another you always come up short because it's your flaws that you see which only serve to overwhelm, depress and suppress you. 

Embracing you, your own beauty, your own uniqueness, and your own value may not come easily, especially if that chocolate bar you ate last night is bulging out of your hips right now, but when you do, you have within the essence of being free. 
Free to be: you, happy, being able to stand confident, to not have to be absolutely perfect, to be proud of what you do love about you, and not being bothered deep inside by other beautiful women around you. 

The only way to embrace you is by choice. It is a choice to accept you, by you.

When you choose you, and choose to believe you are 'the above Truth Moment', you can: smile, know you really do light up the world, and you realize this world needs your diverse, unique, beautiful self, and that you are the only one who can take your place as the beauty you are amongst the beauty of it all.

There is nothing more beautiful, rare, original, elegant and stunning as a women who has embraced herself.


How to be beautiful? It's a choice.


Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! Psalm 139









1 comment:

  1. Love that: it's a choice. I'll tell you a dress story. I was 18 weeks pregnant with my third child and I had a wedding to go to (my sister-in-law). The week before the wedding I found a skirt I could wear over my small belly for half price (gotta love that). So I turn up at the wedding and guess what!?? My Mother-in-law had the SAME skirt on (ie the mother of the bride). Oh man I felt sick! I said to my husband, take me to the SHOP NOW!!!! But he said it would be fine and, you know, my MIL and I laughed about it. But to make matters worse, she paid full price. LOL Not good.

    ReplyDelete