Home Page

dotdot...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How to have friends!

Random Acts of Kindness. I love this. 
Have you heard of this concept? I would be surprised if you have not. 
I love it when people do 'kind' or 'caring' things to another. A lot of times this act is associated with doing things for a stranger, again I love this, and think we should all be doing this. But, sometimes I think we can forget a little about our friends!!!


Truth Moment: Bring back the TAF - Towards A Friend.




Sometimes in the dazzle and frazzle of life I feel like, and I know, I can take my friends for granted. 
I mean, they are always just there. 
They are a wonderful and vital part of my life and I could not live without them, but I can forget about stepping out in my tired, busy state and do an act of kindness towards them. - And I'm not talking about just being there for the big moments as you and I would be, this is in the 'just everyday'. 


With a "drrr" and a self imposed slap up the side of my head ;) , I need to simply show my appreciation to my close friends for being in my life and encourage them in theirs too. I attach 'TAF' to my life.


So this week I determine to do a TAF! Yep, a 'Towards A Friend'. 




What do you think? -Please share what you do for your friends that let's them know they are appreciated and loved in everyday Life?  

2 comments:

  1. this is great. and i need this reminder. sometimes i can be such a lousy friend! i can already think of someone i can do something unexpected for this week - so thanks!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Nomes, It's so easy to make a difference or give to/in the life of another somewhere, and yes they need it and it's good to do, but sometimes the person in the house next door, or that life long school friend, or that person who seems to have everything and 'it all together ;)' needs us.
    I have someone I can TAF this week too. Make sure you tell us what you do.

    ReplyDelete