Home Page

dotdot...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why me?






So I am having one of those days, where I catch myself in the mirror while getting dressed for a second too long.  Of course I notice the things about my body that I just can’t stand (groan) – don’t ya just hate that moment. 
It is the moment that catches you off guard and you find yourself cringing at life’s little treats.  Here I am looking at those  stretch marks on my stretch marks ( 2 babies has totally ruined my bikini body :(  ), then a bit of  depression, some sorrow and wishing it was not so consumes me for a minute. ‘Why me’ is all I think.


Let’s face it we all have ‘why me’ moments. Why me moments can last for a brief second, to others that are long seasons, and then there’s everything in between. If we are real, we know that they do range from our physical looks to crazy everyday circumstances, to life’s big heartbreaking and challenging times.  
The fact is, as women, we really care about what we look like, what we are doing in life and we all face the unexpected. 
Why me is a valid question because we all want our life to be great, we all want to look hot, and we all want to succeed.


I absolutely believe that as women we are born for such a time as this (heard that before??).  The saying comes from the book of Esther in the Bible. 
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Esther+1&version=AMP


It is encouraging because it champions us to rise up and becoming visible in our life and time, to be the difference for others. 
The problem is: how do we do this while facing our physical imperfections, our struggles, our circumstances, our heartbreaks?  How are we meant to be visible when we feel like shrinking away? 


TRUTH MOMENT: We have to chose to let our ‘why me’ moments become our ‘yes me’ moments.


This crazy world needs people to be visible. We are here to do/ give/help/change/be an answer for others through our love of God.  If we listen and give into our why me’s, (and we all have them, even that perfect, no cellulite girl over there ;) ), then we just won’t do anything - our dream/passion/goals - no matter our intent. We have to be visible through and with our why me moment by changing our thinking to yes me =  Yes me and my imperfections, yes me in my mistakes, yes me in my heartbreak. Yes me! Yes me gives us a reason and power to act. Yes me grabs our intent and makes it become real.


Esther came to this realization, lived it and now encourages us to do the same.
Now personally, I do have a love/hate relationship with this girl :). I mean she was obviously hot, crowned a queen and had every resource she could ever want at her finger tips. It’s not like she had a why me moment = wrong! 
Pause and think a minute on where she came from, how she had to change, who she had to stand against, how she had to face death, the real risks for being a women in her day.  


Just like our world today, her's was not easy either. Yet she chose to be a yes girl! She got up and acted and was the difference to others. She risked being visible, her status, looking and sounding silly, oh just her life, and yet because she did she ended up changing history and making a difference to a lot of people.


You are really born for such a time as this. Our time is real, our time is to be a yes me girl. Yes me today!


Thought:


What ‘intent’ (dream) do you hold in your heart that you wish you could do?


What is the first thing or one thing you can do today as a ‘yes me’ girl to start on this road to living your dream? 


If you are on your way and/or living your dream who can you help reach for there dream?


Who can you share this with that will encourage you in your dream and stepping into action?


If you are really hurting in your circumstances who can you talk to and ask to help you threw this season?

Share with us, your thoughts, your dream...


Tiara in above picture we found at: http://www.sassyweddings.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment