Home Page

dotdot...

Monday, June 21, 2010


I love makeup. I have always thought it was beautiful and so feminine. As a child I would sneak into my mother’s bathroom and look at all her makeup while longing for the day that I would be old enough to wear my own.

Today, I still love nothing more than painting my face with delicate colors  (and trying to hide those bags under my eyes as a mum with babies ;)). As women, it is a good thing to feel beautiful. I love the fact that we can glam ourselves up with a touch of visible color for a day or evening out and we can do it just ‘because’, even when we are at home. Why? Because this is something I do for me. 

When was the last time you did something for you and it made you feel beautiful, it made you feel special?

I think it is important as women that we take the time everyday to do something for us. Why not invest in and savor your beauty. We need to see our own beauty, and yes I know and you know that we all have flaws and icky bits that we wish we did not, but are we still beautiful? = yes! We are beautiful because we are created beauty by our God. We are real, we are all so diverse, and we are the only ones who can bring our own beauty forth.
So, a few minutes in front of the mirror applying your favorite lip gloss or blush really can lift your heart and send you into your day feeling just that bit more together, pretty and feeling great from the inside out. 


You are created as beauty so enhance it, invest in it and enjoy it.

Why not commit this week to spend an extra 5 or 10minuts with you and your beauty.
You could: 

- Just pause and indulge more in your daily beauty regime (rather than the hurried “mum I’m hungry” screaming kids at the door regime!)
- Try some new makeup colors.
- Invest in a new piece of makeup or even a new moisturizes for your skin.
- Talk to a makeup consultant at your local shopping centre or chemist for advice on the latest makeup trends.
- Just shut that bathroom door and the stress of life away and enjoy being you and enhancing your own beauty.

Be the beauty you already are.

Not sure what color makeup to use? Check out this link from Oprah.com. This article suggest colors for every hair and eye color combo you can think of. It’s a great place to start or to try a different color scheme you had not thought of. 


http://www.oprah.com/style/How-to-Choose-the-Right-Colors-for-You

No comments:

Post a Comment