Home Page

dotdot...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spontaneous Rain!


It was just yesterday, that I put on my walking shoes and with the whole family = one husband, Miss 5, and Miss 18mnt old. We went for a walk around the neighbourhood.

It was just on dusk, the air was warm, full of balmy blossom scents, and because we live at the beach, was filled with fresh salt. It was really fun and refreshing just walking around our area. 
But, as we were heading home it began to rain, big splashy rain. Now, we were just a little to far away from home and I knew we were about to get wet. 




Yep, we did. After calming the girls down (lots of reassuring Miss 5 that it's OK to get wet), it was wonderful! It was a spontaneous moment of excitement.


Truth Moment: Sometimes I feel that in life; all the 'busy', responsibilities, and the 'frazzle'... There is no time anymore for spontaneous fun - and these days I don't have the mind space to think up any either.


However, thanks to the sky that night, I had some. It reminded me of how good it felt to feel really alive and it gave joy to my family - I had forgotten (sadly) what 'spontaneous' felt like. 
My girls squealed in delight at getting wet, and my hubby simply smiled at me and held my hand in the rain.
From this yummy taste, I am determined to have more spontaneous moments in my life and really enjoy the opportunity's of 'something a little different' or being caught in a 'unchangeable moment' that can always be fun if you choose it to be.
What do you reckon?


Ok, No matter your age or stage in life, do share your most recent spontaneous moment? - What it was, how you felt, or even share what activities you do with your family to keep the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Via Facebook, Amanda Lablack: I drove home to my parents place - mum didn't know but got a bit of a shock when I walked through the doorway

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i can so imagine you guys out there in the rain. sounds awesome, i love that feeling!

    i agree it's so important to be spontaneous - i think i used to be a lot more spontaneous before i had kids so this is a good reminder to get that back!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nomes, I just don't think to be spontaneous anymore. I'm too busy thinking 'what comes next?'-like baths, dinner, washing....It's a case of stop and smell the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Via Facebook, Natalia Christensen: Drove to Lake District for 7 hours just so me and my friend could cycle for another 7 and then drove back home. Had the best time ever! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Via Facebook, Sandra Findlay Peut: Driving to the Gold Coast (2 hours' drive away) at 11pm on a Saturday night with my youth group, just to go for a night swim in the ocean (ahh, to be young and crazy again, lol!)

    ReplyDelete