Home Page

dotdot...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Average Me!



So today I have decided to put my life in the galaxy of the Internet and start blogging. Though I’m not sure that I am interesting enough to hold your attention. The problem is I am just a plain old (and getting older shhhhhh!!!) ‘Jane average’.

I have a husband, two children, I work at home, have two dogs, a mortgage, a mail box full of bills and boring paper and the housework can tend to laugh at me as I try everyday to clean the house only to do it again the next. I do have great friends, a wonderful family, a lovely place to live, and lots of chocolate.
But it is just that I want to be interesting. I want my life to dazzle. I want to shine. I don’t want to fade into the background of life or be stuck in the average = nothing basket, no matter how often I am sweetly told “your special because you are you”.

Truth moment: I am special because I am me and the same goes for you. We all are.

Just because our lives are far from perfect and are full of the ‘everydayness’ (is that a word?:)) does not mean we are average. It just means we have to purposely look into our ‘everydayness’ and see who we are actually dazzling and shining for. You see we already are shine and dazzle to someone.

For me it is my husband who needs me to love him and his ‘annoying’ bits. My girls need me to show them how to be princesses and live even in the tedious tasks, (like picking up more toys, anyone!). My friends need me to encourage them and be real about life. Oh and my neighbor relies on me to take my bin out every week. (Two words: Nappy bombs!). It's just a 'plain old average' fact that we all bring, can give and shine something special into our corner of the world.

Be brave, have a look, whose there? Your needed. Now be you and shine.

Share with me who you shine for!

1 comment:

  1. You are anything but average, my friend! Well done on taking the plunge into the world of blogging... great post and may there be many more dazzlers to come! x

    ReplyDelete